A measure of your workload's ability to provide functionality when desired by the user.
Measure your reliability
To improve reliability of a workload, first measure your current ability to provide functionality.
- Determine the interval you want to measure (hours/days/weeks/months/years).
- Use an external monitor to measure if your workload provides the functionality you want.
- Measure for the time interval.
- Determine the amount of past reliability data with which to compare your current results.
- Record your reliability for the length of time required.